Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabakA

IS-IT--Management
Jan 11, 2005
AU
Hi All

I need help with MS exchange 5.5, a user has left the company and I need to redirect her emails to the managers address so he would recieve her emails as well as his.
I would appreciate if someone could show me the steps I require for this.

Use the Exch Administrator, under delivery options and merely set him up as an alternative reciepient.

Or of course just add Leftperson@Yourcompany.com to her bosses email address's

Iain

You have to remove the leftperson@yourcompany.com SMTP proxy from the left person's mailbox before you can add it to the boss's mailbox. And this will only catch incoming external email, of course. To have all the replies to internal mail the left person send go to the boss's mailbox, you need to add the Object Distinguished Name of the left person's mailbox to the boss's mailbox as a secondard X.500 proxy, and then delete the left person's mailbox (I'd take a PST of the mailbox first, and offer it to the boss so that they have access to all the mail after you delete the mailbox).

Zbnets way seems a little over complicated to me!

you could just give your Boss user right to view the person's mailbox who has left, then just add it in as an extra mailbox from the services menu on outlook.

It keeps things nice and simple as the mail box is availible to view old and new mail and keeps it seperate from the boss's mail too.

I guess there are a few ways to do it and we all have our own.

Over-complicated? It takes about 30 seconds to add the X.500 address to the new mailbox. We do this when we do site-to-site moves as well, so no mail disappears down black holes. It's just a little thing, but it makes a difference to how many NDRs our users get (or don't get), which all builds the overall perception that email is managed very well by us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back