Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

email quick reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

notlimah

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2004
JM
how do i code email feature in quickreports using delphi so a end user can email a report to a client?

In short, not easily. The problem is, you could in theory save the Quickreport document that your program has generated and attach it to your email. Doing this however means that the recipient will need a program which supports QuickReports to be able to view the document.

Short of rewriting your reports in another format, another thing you could do is to save the reports as images (bitmaps, jpegs etc) once QuickReport has generated them, so that each page is a new image and then attach them to the email. Of course, it depends on how many pages your reports are but there are third party components out there which will convert your QuickReport into various different formats. Gnostice is one that I have had a good experience with in the past.

[blue]"Mr Flibble says: Game Over, boys!" [/blue]

Reportform.QuickRep1.Prepare;
Reportform.QuickRep1.ExportToFilter(TQRHTMLDocumentFilter.Create('C:\test.html'));

the above code i used to export my report to a html format but the output does not maintain the format of the certificate instead everything comes jumbled out all over the place

If you use the Gnostice component, it will correctly extract your report as it is on screen into HTML format. From memory the only thing you lose is any shading on your document.

As notlimah says above, using the command posted above results in a very messy and nonsensical report when converted to HTML.

[blue]"Mr Flibble says: Game Over, boys!" [/blue]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back