Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

email PDF reports customised by sales region

Status
Not open for further replies.

15din

MIS
Mar 18, 2004
GB
We have an implementation of Broadcast Agent v5 with publisher and scheduler. I currently have reports refreshing and saving to webservers as indivdual HTML files by section on the sales region in the report.

The next step is to email the french report to the french manager and the german report to the german manager etc when the report refreshes every day. I am making very little progress with the Business Objects online PDF documentation and am beginning to wonder if what I am trying to do works. Does anybody have any experience of doing this successfully? If so do you have any notes or suggestions you would share?

Best regards

Publisher will do what you are asking, providing personalized information is one of its one of its main features.

What you need to do is the following

Build your report to include the Name or email address of the French Manager. Its probably best to section the report on this object.

Select the email layout as you want it, Subject , body, attachments etc. At this stage you want to define the filters( this is how the data is restricted for each user).

when definign the filter you need to provide
The report you want to filter (or all)
The object in the data provider that provides the data to personlize by, this needs to match the email address or user name of the pubisher user
The user attribute you are filtering against (Recipient Name or Recipient Email address)

I believe the tutorial/example in the documentation walks you through a demonstration of these features. It might be worth folliwng this tutorial as it covers the main features of the mail component of BCA Publisher.

Good Luck

Darren Marsden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back