Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

visopenlive

Programmer
Jul 1, 2010
US
Hai all

I developed a report to show documents that are going to expire in 30 days. Now I need to send an email notification to the owners of the reports. How could this be done?

There is email option when developing a report but how could I send this owner email ID over there?

Thanks a lot..

are you familar with the livelink schema especially dtree and kuaf.this is probably the easiest to find the mailaddress of a kuaf.id.Kindly attend the Live Reports class or sign an NDA
I assume you are using webreports or is this something else ?

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008

I am using WebReports. I know the dtree and user table kuaf.
But I am not sure how to send notifications to users automatically by running a report.

For example my web report has 2 records as output.
Each record has email ID in a field. So, I used [LL_reptag_1/] in email field (webreport -? properties -> destination). Email is being sent correctly to those two people. But my problem is each of the two users should get only their record but not both the records. I am not sure how to do this..?!

I think you will find a lot of examples in the knowledge base for livelink for web reports

Its link is this

I did something similar about three years back,when WR was not this capable,but I enclose my cheat sheet on it perhaps not exactly what you are looking for but...My memeory eludes me aht I was trying to do then...

This is afree OT site where you can self register

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008

I searched in the site but could not find much helpgul info.Can you just guide me on this please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back