Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

grebnetso

IS-IT--Management
Dec 15, 2005
US
I'm trying to find out how to change what email address is used when commvault emails job status notifications, but for some reason I'm just not seeing it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Is this what you are looking for;-

Control Panel ---> Email and IIS Configuration ---> Senders Address

I'm trying to find out where I can alter the email address that Commvault is sending the notifications to.

Look in schedules and change the reciepients for the reports

I checked schedule policies and scheduler I also looked in the reports section but I can't seem to find anything matching the description.

Here you go;-

To modify a scheduled report:

- From the CommCell Browser, right click the CommServe icon, then select All Tasks -> Schedules.
- From the Scheduled Jobs dialog box, select the report schedule you want to edit, then click Edit.
- From the Job Summary tab of the Schedule Details dialog box, click Edit.
- From the Modifying Scheduled Report (General) dialog box, modify the schedule name of the report in the Name field. you can modify the schedule name of the report, modify the report mailing format such as embedded in an e-mail or as an e-mail attachment, and modify the users and user groups to be notified.
- You can modify the report filter options, as necessary. From the Modifying Scheduled Report (Detail) tab, following the tabs and select the new filter options, as necessary.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Click Close.

When I right click on it I'm seeing the following options.

Data Aging
Express Recovery Backup
Auxiliary Copy
License Administration
QiNetix Update-Configuration
FTP Download
Run QiNetix Installer
Change-Media PW
Network PW
View-Admin Job History
Schedules
Operation Window
Log Files
Users Logged in
Set Holidays
Send Log Files
Search Events
User Alerts
Properties

Are you on 6.1?

I think you'll find it under
View ----> Schedules

You should see something like Job Summary report and then click Edit --> Options ---> Job Summary --> Edit.

Under here you should be able to see reciepients.

OK, that's where the disconnect is. I'm using 5.0. Can't install the latest more recently purchased version until I install my blade servers.

When I go to View Schedules I only have the option to choose a schedule and select Decouple or View Edit is grayed out.

Long time since I used v5 ;-)

May be easiest to decouple it and create a new Job Summary schedule to be sent to the users that you want.

I can edit it by going to schedule policies I'm just not seeing the field. It's nice to know that I was at least looking in the right area initially but it just doesn't seem to be there. Oh well I can always alter the email address as I choose until I upgrade. Thanks for the help.

Configuration of who gets an alert, via email is done within the user setup.

negrouse (Vendor) 21 Mar 07 18:12
Configuration of who gets an alert, via email is done within the user setup."

Not really. User setup is where you associate an e-mail address to a user but not what alerts or scheduled reports that user will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back