Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email notification on success? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctheobald

IS-IT--Management
Jan 14, 2003
US
Hi,

Is there a way to get NetBackup DataCenter 4.5 to send an email notification on successful backup? The manual implies that this happens, but I do not get any such notices. I have set both the Administrator and Client administrator email addresses. Only on failure or partial success (status >0) do I get any messages.

Thanks,
Chuck

did you setup a mailer, like blat or postie? Check out the notify scripts, you'll find the info you need.

Hi,

I am just using the stock sendmail that comes with Solaris 8. It works to deliver mail without problem. The issue is whether or not NBU can send notifications of successful backups. I do get emails when a backup fails, or results in partial success, but it would be nice to get confirmation that my backups succeed when they do.

Chuck

ah, didn't quite catch that, sorry.
i believe you have to put the notify script on the client as well, be sure to check that too.

Thanks, I modified bp.conf on a client to include
USEMAIL = me@uoregon.edu
and got notice when the backup completed successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back