Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Notification Has Been Queued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2006
GB
We are using Veritas Version 9.1 Rev 4691 and we use the Notification Task to mail me to say if the job has been completed or not etc. This was working fine until a few months ago when i stopped getting notified of any problems. I have been onto the Veritas web site and downloaded the upto date aervice pack and installed this but still to no avail. The message i get when i try the notification is:-
A test notification has been queued for delivery to the selected recipients. But nothing appears in my mail box?
Has anyone else come accoss this problem?

Regards

Jason

Typically it means something is wrong in the environment. Especially if the test notification is not working.

I would enable the debug for notfications and take a look at the debug log. You will probably see SMTP error if your using SMTP

[How to debug notification in VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.x for Windows Servers]

You have pointed me in the right direction and i have found the solution for this problem. It's to do with Virusscan 8 we have installed on our server. You need to exclude beserver.exe from the Access Protection Properties on Port 25. Please see Veritas Document ID 277305. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back