Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email name change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunle

IS-IT--Management
May 30, 2001
US
Hi, I am new to groupwise. Currently I am working with groupwise 5.5 and my company wants to change it's name in a few weeks and I need to change our email name too. So can anybody help with this situation. For example how do you change the company's email address from 123@usa.com to 123@usaconsulting.com in groupwise? Thanks.

If you go into NWADMIN, click on GroupWise System Tools, and then click on Internet Addressing (I think that's the name). In there, you will be able to add the new name, and make it the default that users send from. You can also delete the old name from the list there.

I hope this helps.

-Mike
Michael A. Dontato MCNE, MCSE, CCA
mdonato@site-technologies.com

Unfortunately, what you can't easily do is change the name of your primary GroupWise domain in your NDS tree. So, if you've named your primary tree USA, and you want to rename that to your company's new name, it's a much more difficult and convoluted process.

FWIW William A. Lester
CTO/Director of Technology
NinthBridge
a program of EngenderHealth
(e-Mail) walester@ninthbridge.org
(URL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back