Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email message notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

joemcnabb

IS-IT--Management
Apr 15, 2002
CA
Is there anyway to get my Norstar system to email me when I have a message? We have used pager/phone notification in the past, but we now have Blackberry's and I really want to get rid of my pager. I don't have a network card in my system. Is there anyway to do it through the serial port (have the computer capture that type of information, I can write a program to do the rest)?

Thanks.

If your voicemail is a NAM, put a network card in it. VERY easy upgrade... desktop messaging works pretty well, and i hear there's a patch to make it work with XP as well...

Desktop messaging, is this a Nortel software app? Is it readily available? I do have a NAM 2. I take it the network card has to be an ISA NIC? Is there any particular ones that are known to work with as little pain as possible? I don't have a video card, is that mandatory as well? Thanks.

What Release Softwar is the NAM and you can not use the Serial port, What release is the ICS System..

Sorry, I am new to these systems. I have a version of sp30jbm08 NAT. My voicemail is NVM 3.0.10B. Does that help? Thanks for you help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back