Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email MailOuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2003
GB
Can anyone suggest software i can use for creating emails for marketing purposes. I want it to work with coldfusion.

The emails would be created by someone with no html knowledge. What about contribute2?

Cheers
Pete

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong. Your going to build a email application so a NON technical user can create a standard email and send it out to al of the users from a database or so..

The best way to do this is to create HTML templates that he can select and use a online HTML editor to insert his text for the mailing.

I'm working on a similar project at this moment. So if you need any help, O can see what I can do for you!

Greetzzzz, Mike

Some people can learn, some people can teach.

i agree with cfdutch, and I use FCKeditor
its free and works with CF.

=========================================
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison

That's a good one FCK, but if your users only use explorer you should also have a look a SO Editor...

The Lite version (which is more than basic!!) is for free as well...

Good luck!

Some people can learn, some people can teach.

NorthStar,

I know I've bragged and bragged on FCK here.. but my foot has been inserted into my mouth.. or rather my hands, while typing..

FCK has some serious issues with MS Office.. on computers, one having office, one not.. I have no trouble.. but on two computers in this office (no pun) both with Office on them, it tries to install something before it fully loads..

I'm thinking its probably the Paste from word object that causes the issues.. trouble is, I can't figure out how to fix that..

So.. for non-tech-savvy people, FCK might not be the best option, though it is LOADED and EASY TO USE..

For instance.. in a little over an hour's worth of effort, I've got a page that displays the image but only displays the image to accounts that have paid for access to the article containing the image.. There are of course one or two holes since images are impossible to protect against EVERY method of taking them.. (right click, screen cap, directly to url, etc).

And FCK inserts the image with all the encrypted data and just makes it all the more worthwhile.

Tony

ALFII.com
---------------------
If this post answered or helped to answer your question, please reply with such so that forum members with a similar question will know to use this advice.

well that doesn't surprise me, in my experiences it seems that MS Office has something against clean HTML in general(at least when it comes to generating html from within Word), although it does sound like a problem with FCK, maybe has to do with the version of word used when pasting from word?

I'm actually looking for something better than FCK right now for a project that requires me to have an HTML editor, but also allow the user to insert pre-specified links that are named and stored in a database. I'll probably have to have that built tho, I haven't found any editors that give me that functionality to make changes (unless i know java).

so if anyone knows of anything that can help me, id much appreciate it.

=========================================
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back