Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

email just sits in outbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunny74

MIS
Sep 7, 2002
GB
Hi,
i have never come across something like this. user's email just sits in outbox and there is no way of sending it out. user is trying to send email to someone outside the organisation.

We are running exchange 5.5 with NT 4.0
Please help.

sunny74

Also interested in this one as well, I have a one user where this is also happening.

Jonathan

Have you tried opening the message from the Outbox and clicking Send again? This usually works for me. If not, Microsoft have a pretty good article on the subject, Q182572, which is worth checking out!

Hope this helps,

C. Le Cras

I have this problem as well in my office. It is very random. Opening the message and clicking send again doesn't work, I actually have to move the messages to the drafts folder, create a new message, then copy and paste the info into the new email. All my users are using outlook 2000. Any suggestions?

Have you tried deleting and re-creating the users email profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back