Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Integration with Lotus

Status
Not open for further replies.

h382

Vendor
Aug 9, 2005
US
We have MM 2.0 and Lotus notes.. Is voicemail to email integration possible with these releases, and if so, what is needed?

I assume that you are not using the notes as the message store right? As 2.0 does not work with notes for the store.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

I apologize for my ignorance, but I'm not 100% sure what you mean by message store. But, since we have been running the MM for a about a year now without any integration with notes whatsoever, I'm going to have to say no, we're not using it for the store.

h382,

In MM (Modular Messaging), you have two components: MAS (Messaging Access Server) and MSS (Message Storage Server). The MAS provides the interface between the voice system, the user, and the message store, while the MSS provides the storage space for the messages themselves. In releases 3.0 and 3.1 of MM, Avaya offered an alternative to using the Avaya MSS for message storage. The alternative was to store the messages in the Microsoft Exchange or Lotus Domino email servers.

Perhaps you should look at upgrading your MM environment and moving to a MAS 3.1/Lotus Domino configuration.

The other alternative is to install the client for Modular Messaging Lotus Notes Thick Client 2.23.

I hope this helps,

-Brian-
Semper Paratus

Ok.. Thanks for the explanation.. We are currently using the MSS as our storage server..

I think the Lotus Notes Thick Client is going to be a better way to go for now, as we will be moving away from Lotus Notes within the next year or 2..

Thank you guys for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back