Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email in ADP

Status
Not open for further replies.

estrassm

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2003
US
I'm a bit of a beginner with Access and specifically ADP. Anyway, I would like to be able to allow users to email a formatted text version of thier form that they complete as button option. Any ideas?

Hi estrassm

The easiest way is to use DoCmd.SendObject.

Create a command button on your form. In the on click event select "Event Procedure". Click the build button and type in the command. The syntax is as follows:

DoCmd.SendObject acSendForm, Me.NAME, acFormatRTF, "The target e-mail address here.", , , "Subject line here.", "Messsage text here", True

Muel87114

thanks for the response. I know that this command syntax works for an Access MDB form but did not see the "on click" option when I put a command button on an ADP form. Did I miss something??

Hi,

Just view the properties of the button, all events are listed there, then just add the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back