Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email from Approach possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

go2axn

Technical User
Jun 4, 2007
Hi all,
I have been using approach for years as a basic friends/business contact database no problem. Now I would like to send invitation email to my friends only. Is this possible to do from approach?

If not, what Lotus product does that?

TIA

You can use the OPEN command in a macro to do this. Instead of putting a file name in the command, you can put "mailto: etc... " in the space. You can insert an email address from a field by putting the field name into the command like this: <<mydbf.email>>

Sue Sloan

I use BLAT within a batch file to send emails out from databases. Run it from the OPEN command but with "clever" use of batch files I can put vairables from Approach (exported out) into the content of my files - even create html format by using lots of text files and combining! - Big advantage is that I do not need mail client on my PC's and the operator does not get a chance to not send mail!

hth
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back