Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email from Access--HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatahoulaHound

Technical User
Feb 26, 2001
US
Sorry if this question seems basic. Can somebody explain how I can send an email to everyone in my database? All of the email addresses are in the database. Does the email text have to be created in Access or can I create it in Word etc?

Thanks for any and all help.

Pat

OK
I've added the code from Remou post and it seems to works! I tried it with two email address and one and it works fine.
Now if you can just tell me how I reference the two different email fields, "email-father" and "email-mother" in the code, I would greatly appreciate it. Again, both columns have blank fields.

Again, both of yours help has been invaluable!

Pat

With rst
'writes all the email addresses to a string
If ![email-mother] & "" <> "" Then
strEmail = strEmail & ![email-mother] & ";"
else
'Deal with blank email
End If
If ![email-father] & "" <> "" Then
strEmail = strEmail & ![email-father] & ";"
else
'Deal with blank email
End If
.MoveNext
Wend

That should do it. Just a copy of code alreasy in use with relevant changes of field names

~Phil4tektips~
Grant us peace in our days work!

Thank You-Thank You-Thank You.
Everything works great!

You two guys have gone far above what my expectations would have ever been.
If I ever get to the point where I can assist like this, I will be happy to do so.

Thanks So Very Much,

Pat

You will be able to.....

I only started with Access 3 months ago, but its great to pass on tips that others gave me.

~Phil4tektips~
Grant us peace in our days work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back