Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email forwarding 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwood1

Programmer
Jan 6, 2003
GB

Hi all,

I need to forward all the mail from a persons mailbox to his hotmail account. Is this possible and if so how do i go about it?

Thanx in advance

Lisa

You can set up a rule to do this in the person's mailbox, but you need to make sure that your Exchange system is configured to allow mail forwarded by a rule to outside addresses.

If you wish to have incoming email to that account to be forwarded to the external hotmail account, the steps to take are as such:
Create a Contact in Active Directory Users and computers. If the username is John Smith, make the contact name as JohnSmith.
Specify SMTP mail with the hotmail email account.
In the user's properties in Active Directory, click on the Exchange General tab. Click on delivery options. Select the contact you just created. It is up to you wether you wish to leave a copy of the email on the server. I suggest you do as if the user's hotmail account becomes full, email will begin to get bounced back and you may lose important email.

Claudius (What certifications??)

Better then that...

What we do here...

Make a custom recipient with the Hotmail email of the user.
After that go on the user in you active directory, select the exchange general tab.
In the foward section select the custom recipient with hotmail address.

Here we go you are in business.
You can also check the box deliver to both recipient!
Finaly it's look like Claudek said! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back