Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email format for Reporting Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluto99

Programmer
Apr 11, 2001
GB
Hi, this question is related to Reporting Services on SQL Server 2000. When creating a report and setting it to send via email as an attached excel spreadsheet, the email is in the format HTML. Does anyone know if it possible to default this format to something else like Rich Text. I have a feeling that this might involve a change to the RSEmailDPConfiguration within the RSReportServer.config file but am not sure which tag needs changing or adding.

Any help/suggestions greatfully received.

I'm not sure of the way to do it via Reporting Services, but I believe you can set up an option in the email profile to change it to text or rich text.

At least, I'm pretty sure in Outlook you can disable HTML mail. However, since SRS uses HTML to render stuff before it exports it to the various other formats, there's no guarantee that switching your email setup to text / rich text would make the email delivery work properly.

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"No, no. Yes. No, I tried that. Yes, both ways. No, I don't know. No again. Are there any more questions?"
-- Xena, "Been There, Done That"

Thanks for your comments. However, we don't have outlook or exchange on the server so I think it would require a change within Reporting Service. I guess there is a chance that it is just not possible....

What commands are you using to send the email out?

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"No, no. Yes. No, I tried that. Yes, both ways. No, I don't know. No again. Are there any more questions?"
-- Xena, "Been There, Done That"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back