Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email form

Status
Not open for further replies.

compactmad

Technical User
Aug 19, 2002
AU
I'm trying to create a form in Outlook, I create fields and publish the form. But when I select the form it only shows you the normal email with none of the fields that i entered. What am i doing wrong?

Delete the text box named message from your Outlook Form. This may just do the trick!

--
Mike

In defeat: unbeatable. In victory: unbearable. -- Winston Churchill

I did that but it doesn't seem to work. I have all my own defined fields on the form, and i've published it and when i select run form it only show the Standard address fields and then it is all grey with no fields???

There should be 2 icons on your toolbar: Edit Read Page and Edit Compose Page.

When you are creating the form, Make sure you are modifying both the Read Page and the Compose Page. The Read Page displays what the form shows after the form is completed and sent, and the Compose Page displays what the form shows before it is sent.

--
Mike

Thanks Mike that worked. Another question, when this form gets completed and emailed to me I need to export the replies to excel. When I do that it doesn't include and of my user defined fields and text.

compactmad,

Please explain how your export process currently works.

--
Mike

I select Import and Export from Outlook and then I select export to file, then it asks the file type and I choose excel then it asks which folder. It exports all fields except my user defined ones and the text connected with them.

Tanya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back