Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email - Fax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulfdog

MIS
Feb 19, 2001
US
I have an interesting question...

Is it possible for me to send a fax from my computer, through Exchange Server 2000?

For example:

I am using Outlook 2000 on a workstation. Is it possible to enter a fax number from somewhere, and then when I press the send button, Exchange would know that it needs to be sent out as a fax, instead of email? Exchange then would dial out via modem (duh) and send the email as a fax??

I notice there is something about FAX in OL2K.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

I am running Exchange 5.5, but I had to buy a 3rd party product to make this work.

I bought FaxMaker from GFI ( ). It integrates with Exchange nicely. I found it to be the cheapest solution out there. It will do different types of inbound routing.

I also use GFI and I am quite happy with it. I have contacted GFI about E2K and they said their product integrates with E2K, though I have not tested it and cannot testify to how it works with it.

Alex

Thanks....I guess I didn't know GFI had a product like that. I will have to check it out.

I was taking a look at RightFax.com, but they kind of seem to be on the high $ end.

Thanks!

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back