Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email drop into VFP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2000
US
Anybody worked thru the OLE so an Email in Outlook could be dropped into VFP 6?
Our web site produces an Email response form. I would like to be able to drag this into my VFP app. Parsing is not bad since it is our form.

David Kirchner
davidkirchner@yahoo.com

There are several recent threads about VFP & Outlook on the board. Either scroll thru the back threads or do a quick search. --There's also an Outlook Automation Class which was recently put on the Universal Thread. I've downloaded it, but not tried it yet, so can't say how useful it is.

Dave

Try outlookmail class on UT. I justused it for an app.

We read certain emails in a certain inbox ( the class has to be changed for other than the default Outlook inbox )

remember that every email has a unique ID

Also you can move/copy the read email into another folder after reading .

Let me know if you need some help - I'll email my solution since the class did not do everything we needed...

Cheerio

Michael Ouellette
mouellette@compuserve.com

remember that every email has a unique ID

What's the property name for this unique ID? Our local VFP group has been playing with Outlook and we'd certainly like to use the ID in our Outlook Automation Class. --Dave

object.entryid

see the VBA help file that comes with outlook
- Mike Michael Ouellette
mouellette@compuserve.com

David,
I have done a fair amount of work referencing VFP to outlook. Have you found the answer you were looking for? if not, let me know and maybe i can help.
codfish

Jolicoeur,

I see that it's a GUID type. What should that be set up as in a table? I tried finding it in the help files and couldn't see exactly how many characters to make it. It appears that 50 is more than enough, but couldn't figure it out exactly. -- Dave

I have not figured this out yet. I have been Emailing from VFP for over a year. Talking to Outlook has been well documented in the VFP community. Now I would like to try an idea I had where I could just drop an Email on my VFP form to enter the data. I have watched the events and see the DragOver fire. But that is as far as I have gotten to the Email drop.

David Kirchner
davidkirchner@yahoo.com

Sounds like a fun project. I suspect you need to write some custom code, however. Do you know what Outlook loads into the drag? If it includes something like the entryid we were discussing, it'd be fairly easy to write code to find it and copy it in the dragdrop event. --Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back