Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email bouces back

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Dec 29, 2005
US
Hi I try to send email to someone outside my domain and get the following error:

You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
<test.local #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <test@test.com>... Relaying denied. Not our domain!>

Any idea why?

Many thanks,
-Steve

Try first to contact them in another way, they may have issues on their end.
Or, just as a test, set your server to use your ISP as a SmartHost to see if it get through then.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Hi Marc,

I was able to send the email to them via yahoo though, any idea why? are they they blocking my IP/domain?

Many thanks,
-Steve

That is something you should ask them, no?

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
[/sub]

Thanks a bunch, I just asked them and it looks like that individual's email has some issue.

Thank,
-Steve

There you go, sometimes the most obvious reason gets overlooked.

Marc
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back