Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

email attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPGAL

MIS
Oct 13, 2006
CA
it is so difficult to know which forum to post messages.

I received email the other day with 129 .jpg pics attached of precious family reunion memories. They were all small (3-4mb).

I was wondering if there is a way to download all of them to my thumb drive all in one swoop as opposed to downloading them individually one by one.

FYI - I need to download to thumb drive becaue I use public access internet.

That will greatly depends on what you use as your email client, Operating System, etc..

And just so you know 129 pictures at 3 or 4 Mb each is about 500MB of pictures. How on earth does someone send 500MB of things in an email.

Anyway, you might try posting this question in the Forum for your mail client, or at the very least your Operating system.

"Peripheral Issues" is definitely the wrong place. This is for problems with your Mouse your Printer. etc.. things you attach to your PC from the outside of it.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Definitely the wrong forum to post it to. Like vacunita, I'm bewildered as to how anyone can send (let alone receive) an email with an attachment of approx. 500MB's. Was this a zip file? It really doesn't matter. Contact your mail client & post the ? there.

Bob

oh so silly of me...I meant kb not mb. I shall try other forums. thanks for the info anyway.

now you got me thinking. I double checked again and found that most pics are 34-42kb...so I think that is better, huh?
sorry for the confusion and errors in my query.

No worries, did you post it somewhere else? if so link it here and we will try to help ya out.
and yes 34-42 makes a lot more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back