Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email attachments - Saving to Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

eellis

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2001
CA
We are looking for a scripting tool or Third Party Software tool that will automatically locate an attachment within a specific users inbox and copy this attachment to a server location without signing onto the users inbox. This attachment arrives on a daily bases.

Using the rules wizard you could have a server side rule but I can't see a way to save the attachment. But that would do the trick.

In not sure of the exact functionality of what you want but you might want to look at a package called MIME sweeper at
It can grab mails before they even hit the Inbox and you can set up rules about what to do with them.

I've never used the package personally so I can't speak to it's cost or installation process, but I have heard good things about it.

Take a look at the 3rd party tool, Mail Attender -from Sherpa Software. I believe their tool does what you are looking for and you can get a trial from their website.

We are now investigating theses two 3rd party software vendors. Using the rule wizard to save an attachment to the server is now being tested.

We use Archive Server 6.61 to perform brick level backups to tape. Has anyone uses the brick level method to save an inbox to a server location ???!!!

Not with archive server, but with Backup Exec you can redirect an inbox restore to another mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back