Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email arrives but not in the inbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzlight

Technical User
Oct 1, 2001
GB
I have a weird problem that has been driving me crazy..! On 3 clients using outlook2000 and exchange 5.5 the email arrives (inbound) but does not appear in the inbox until you click on another folder, I have checked all the settings and they seem to match all other users?

have you tried recreating their profile? does this occur on any machine that you open their mailboxes on?

Are you getting any errors in the event log, specifically MTA or RPC communications errors? I'm getting the same thing with a test client that is on `server b' receiving messages from clients on `servder a'. I'm also getting event log ID's 289 and 9318. Knowledge base really has nothing that matches the circumstances, and this started after installation of SP4.

It almost sounds like you (they) have their mail being delivered to a PST. Did you check into that?

if you have windows 98:

Tools - Services - Delivery Tab - and make sure it is going to the mailbox, not personal folders.

on an XP, it is slightly different:

Tools - Email accounts - view or change existing account - next - ant bottom of box, is where your mail si coming in, again, make sure that it is going to the mailbox, not personal folders or anything else.

Hope this helps.

Also make sure there are no rules set on the client computers that this is happening to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back