Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email appears in Inbox but then disappears

Status
Not open for further replies.

fs483

Technical User
Jul 7, 2002
CA
Hello,

I have a customer that has a weird problem. Emails sent to him appears in his Inbox for around 15 seconds and then it disappears. We are running Exchange 5.5 and the client has Outlook XP. I checked for rules in his Outlook and there's nothing. I checked in MSExchange and there's no forwarding to another email adr. I checked Sybari Antigen logs and Symantec Norton Corps logs and found nothing. What else would cause the emails to disappear. Outlook must be running for the rules to be applied right ? Therefor if all the computers are turned off then no custom rules would work right ?

Thanks
anthony

Sounds like it could be how outlook is viewing the inbox. Click onto the organise icon in the toolbar and see if it's set to 'read read messages only' or similar.

HTH

Penny :)

Did you check that View option to make sure that it is set to all messages... sometimes users change this to something different and once the message is read it disappear's...

Sorry that I can be more to the point, I don't have outlook loaded on the PC that I am using.

R

There is no stupid question, unless it is a question not asked !

A similar problem was affecting everyone in our office. Messages would appear briefly in the user in-box, then disappear. We were using Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2000 and XP. The problem was that the VERSION of the anti-virus program for Exchange was not compatible with the version of Exchange. Once the anti-virus version was corrected the messages no longer disappears.

Scooter 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back