Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

email and program info questions 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonGuerra

Technical User
Mar 25, 2003
CA
I have two questions. I want to know how I can know if a sent email has been read. 2- How do I clean my system of info from programs? Old programs that were on trail bases. I know to go to the add/remove program but I am interested where the info is stored. Thank you!

240915 - OLEXP: Description of Read Receipts in Outlook Express

Use the Disk Cleanup tool.
Also check your Temp files in these locations.
C:\Documents and Settings\UserNamesxxxx\Local Settings\Temp.

Have a look at some Registry Cleaners.
Registry cleaner recommendations?
thread779-755465

If you're looking to remove the info left behind by a time limited trial program so that you can start the trial period again, then you might have some trouble. They try and make it very difficult for obvious reasons.

As for knowing when you're e-mail has been read, linney is exactly right but keep the following in mind. Not all e-mail clients support read receipts, and it's up to the person that you send an e-mail to whether they wish to send you a read receipt when they read your mail. Normally if you request a read receipt, their e-mail client will pop up asking them if they wish to send you one. There's no full proof way of doing it, for privacy reasons.

Hope that helps,

Daniel

Thank you both for replying. That answered my questions. The question about programs on trail bases was purely a curious one. Once again, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back