Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email and Notes and VFP using the DCO.OCX

Status
Not open for further replies.

greywalk

Programmer
Apr 12, 2002
US
I have downloaded the IBM/Lotus Notes Domino Collaborative Object and when I attempt to send mail through my program. I get a dreaded error message from the ActiveX object. It says

OLE IDispatch exception code 0 from DCO: ActiveX component can't create the object...

Here is the code.

***** Mail Object references.
loMail = CREATEOBJECT('DCO.loMail')
loMail.sendto = 'Greywalk@yahoo.com'
loMail.Body = 'Test of object'
loMail.Subject = 'Date 11/25/02'

*!* ERROR message: cannot create the object
*!*
lomail.send

I am using win98 with Notes 5.0.4 in a Novell LAN environment.

Any help would be appreciated. For your information I have read all the FAQs on here about the email and Notes. I have seen the code earlier from another thread about notes and vfp. I have also searched the Micorsoft KBase and read all of that. Finally I have done the same for the Lotus developer thread on the Lotus site.

Thanks,
Paul Dancing is easy. Now dancing on a floating raft in the middle of an October storm in the middle of the North Atlantic, that is hard.

Hi greywalk,

Could you let me know the web site where you down load the IBM/Lotus Notes Domino Collaborative Object? I want to give a try. Currently, I am using Notes 5.0.6 with Win2000 in a NT4 network.

Peter

The download site from lotus is:

just follow the directions.

I have further information. You will need to check your registry. It will have to have in the HKey Class Root under applications the following:

Lotus.NotesSession

If it is not there the Domino Collaborative Object will not work because it makes a call to the registry for the following:

Lotus.NotesSession.Clsid and
Lotus.NotesSession

Hopefully it will work for you. With the DCO.OCX the coding is very very simple.

Add the object to your form through the OLE container and then:

here is the code:

loMail = CREATEOBJECT('DCO.loMail')
loMail.sendto = 'Greywalk@yahoo.com'
loMail.Body = 'Test of object'
loMail.Subject = 'Date 11/25/02'

loMail.send

at this point I got the following error:

OLE IDispatch exception Code 0 from DCO: ActiveX component can't create object.

Let me know how it goes with you.

Thanks

Dancing is easy. Now dancing on a floating raft in the middle of an October storm in the middle of the North Atlantic, that is hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back