Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email aliases 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpamCan1

MIS
Apr 18, 2001
US
I need some help. I come from a SendMail in UNIX background so I am having some problems going through Exchange. I need to know how I edit aliases. My company has several generic aliases: info@company.com, jobs@company.com, & contact@company.com. How do I establish those aliases and how do I have them forward to specific person. Thank you.

The easiest way to do this is to simply create a distribution list for the address, and add the accounts that you wish to receive this mail to the distribution list. Even if it's only one person, at least the solution is scalable to multiple recipients if the need ever arises.

If you just want to do a non-scalable alias binding (i.e.: johndoe@company.com wants to receive mail addressed to john@company.com) you can add the SMTP address from the e-mail tab of the accounts properties window in Exchange Administrator.

Just to add something furhter..
Creating distribution list is ok to forward mails to many accounts in your domain.
But if you just want to forward all the mails recieving to say, info@company.com address to john@company.com account, open the properties window of info account in the reciepient container and go to alternate e mail account tab. There you can assign alternate e mail address to the account, info as john@company.com
try this solution aslo..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back