Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email alert notification doesn't work on our system any more

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfmedi

Programmer
Sep 10, 2012
US
Hi Everyone,

I have a big problem about our sharepoint server 2007.
Administrator restarted the server computer and from that time the email alert notification is not working.
I experienced that sharepoint server doesn't call my dll which implements IAlertNotifyHandler. I cleared my source code. It should write only a log file when it is called but the log file isn't created (everyone has read/write rights on the folder).
With the original alerttemplates.xml file the original formatted emails are sent correctly, but with my file they aren't. Before the system restart it worked perfectly.
Administrator said to me he didn't do other thing only restart.
I don't understand.
Somebody please help me.

Make sure the users accounts have access to send email as whatever account you're using to send the mails. Internal mail should just work.
Have they renamed the SMTP server?

Lodlaiden
PS: If you've found a solution to this, then post it.

You've got questions and source code. We want both!
Here at tek tips, we provide a hand up, not a hand out.

I don't use different smtp server in my code, I have emails sent by sharepoint.
The problem is that my code isn't called by the sharepoint server (with or without email sending).
Before the system restart everything worked well.

Have you validated that your dll is being loaded?
Check in the GAC, or the appropriate Template folder to make sure your dll is present.
Check in the web.config and make sure your dll is still listed in the SAFECONTROLS section. Make sure the version number and the GUID are correct for your code.
Ensure your feature is still listed as Active from the Sharepoint manager.

Lodlaiden

You've got questions and source code. We want both!
Here at tek tips, we provide a hand up, not a hand out.

Hi,

Don't ask why, but now it is working again. Today evening I tried activating our email notification emails and it worked (gac, customalerttemplates.xml, stsadm, iisreset).
I don't understand because I did the same steps with the same files 2 weeks ago and the server was restarted several times and it didn't work.
Mystic things.
Thank you Qik3Coder for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back