Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email agent not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricsei

Programmer
Oct 22, 2001
US
I'm trying to create an email agent that will move messages to a particular folder after I replicate. I created the following rule:

Name: Peregrine Mailing List
Shared: False
When Run?: After new mail has arrived
Which docs?:Newly received mail documents
field SendTo contains servicecenterng@list.peregrine.com
Action: Move document to folder 'ServiceCenter mailing list'

To answer some obvious questions:

Notes 5.0.7
The agent is several days old, and I have replicated several times.
It has never worked.
The email listed above (service...) is who the message is addressed to. (Notes shows it as being addressed to &quot;ServiceCenter Newsgroup (servicecenterng@list.peregrine.com)&quot; <servicecenterng@list.peregrine.com>)
The folder ServiceCenter Mailing List exists, and does store documents.

Thanks for your help
Rick Seiden

Why not use regular mail rules to move the mail ? Also, in the server document on the security tab, there are settings for who can run certain types of agents etc. you may want to check those out.

Regular email rules? HUH? Where are they. I didn't even know they existed!

I'll check the bit on the server document tab too.

Thanks

There are a number of default folders in your mail file - one of them is a folder called Rules - this is where the mail rules should go.

Ah! I don't have a Rules folder in my mail file. We are using a custom mail template, so they must have taken it out. What a pain! I need my mail rules!

I couldn't find the thing you were talking about with security. I went and looked at the database properties, but didn't see a security tab. Then I went under User Preferences, and hit the security button there, but didn't see anything on agents. I did check off &quot;enable scheduled local agents&quot; in the startup segment. I'll let you know how that works.

Thanks
Rick

I assume your server is also on r5 ?. Go to file/database/open and find your company domino directory/nab that resides on your server. open it. There will be a section with a 'twistie' called &quot;Server&quot;, open the section and find &quot;Servers&quot;. This will show a document for each server in your domain. Open the document that corresponds to the server that your mail file is on. Go to the Security tab. This is where the info on who can and cannot access your server and so on. If the security in your domain is set up correctly, this should be safe as only the admins should be able to change the document. I think the the agent you want to run is a restricted agent, so your name should reside in the list or in a group in the list. Hope that helps. I am not a programmer and dont fully understand agents, so this is about the limit of my knowledge.

Well, that settles it. They allow you to create personal agents, but not run them! Thanks for helping me to find this setting.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back