Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email addresses from web forms 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSOInstructor

Instructor
Jun 30, 2000
US
Is it possible to have an email address from a form on a web page automatically store as an email address in an Access hyperlink field? I have set up a web site for a chiropractor with an "ask the doctor form". One of the fields is email address, and I'd like to store the response in a hyperlink datatype field so that when the chiropractor opens the ASP page that displays the day's questions he may simply click on the email address to open a new message window in his email package.

Thanks,
Bill Swanson
swansonwc@hotmail.com

I suggest storing the address as a simplte text filed in Access and displaying it on the web form as a hyperlink.

Simply concatenate "Mailto:" + the address to create a link on the web page. For example, [ignore]Mailto:myadd@hotmail.com[/ignore] which becomes myadd@hotmail.com Terry

The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry than work. - Robert Frost

Terry,

Thanks for your suggestion, but I'm not certain where to implement it. I have an ASP page that I set up using FrontPage to display the questions that the doctor has received. Where should I do the concatenation? If I use a text datatype field (which is what I already have in the Access database to accept the information from the web form)the page form results page displays the email address as simple text. I'm not sure how to make the email address that is displayed point to a mailto hyperlink. Should I do the concatenation in a query in Access and base the form results page on the query?

Best regards,
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back