Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email accounts didn't work under Linux with sendmail ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsmail

Technical User
Dec 25, 2002
US
I had a strange problem with my several email accounts in Linux server.

It seems that all other domains and its email accounts work fine, but several other domains and its email account didn't work, which these non-working domain account set up in one day by our system administrator.

We suggested many times why these email accounts didn't work, just no answers or no correction.

I took a look at his email account setting. There are virtualtable and sendmail.cw which contain these email account. All domain accounts' setting looks same. These domain's URL and FTP all works.

Have any people here can give me some suggestion, how I should do in order to get these domain account working right ? Is any other place I need to take a look at?

It is very frustrated.

Thanks a lot,

I have 2 questions:

1. Was the makemap command run after adding them to virtusertable?

2. Was sendmail restarted after making the changes to sendmail.cw? It could also be that sendmail is looking for /etc/mail/local-host-names.

Any chance he forgot to create an MX record for these domains?

Thank for your response. We didn't run makeup after made alternation.

Our account has been working now.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back