Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

emacs with builder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

illuzioner

Technical User
Dec 15, 2002
US
hey folks,

is there a way to use emacs w/ builder? i like the editing capabilities and c++ formatting of emacs better than the builder text editor, but i still want everything else in the builder developement environment.

thnx a bunch

lou

I suppose that there is. Products like Multi-Edit do it. You can easily get Borland to call your emacs editor by configuring your menu system to use certain keys to call emacs (go to Tools->Customize). The problem is how to tell Builder that the source code has been changed so it can know to refresh the file in memory.

I know it can be done but how??? As I said, Multi-Edit ( and other "Pro" editors can do it. Of course, you could buy Multi-Edit and put it into emacs mode. :).

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]To determine how long it will take to write and debug a program, take your best estimate, multiply that by two, add one, and convert to the next higher units.[/sup]

hmmmm, that's interesting. i've never used multi-edit, so i just downloaded their demo and i'm trying it out. i did a search for 'emacs' within the program, but it comes up blank. how do you put it into 'emacs' mode?

thnx again!

lou

It used to be in Tools -> Customize -> Command Set. I must have downloaded a third-party set for an older version because I don't see it any more.

You could set up your own if you want. Sorry about that.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]To determine how long it will take to write and debug a program, take your best estimate, multiply that by two, add one, and convert to the next higher units.[/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back