Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

emachine keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a eMachine 600 and the keyboard has some shortcut keys for "banking" "Brokerage" "News" "Sports" etc. But I want to put them to want I want not what they want me to see.
How can I change these shortcut keys?

yes, in your control panel you should have something for your keyboard that will have some options, it will let you configure certain things on your keyboard. Just go in there and look for the proper icon.

vctoria[PM] ~read the instructions? instructions???!? whats that?!?~

Chris1111111;
Did you ever find out how to recode the shortcut buttons?
I have an emachine 766 with the same keyboard, and want to do the same thing. I wrote emachine and was told it was not possible, but heard of a program that can be downloaded called easykey. However, easykey does not work with windowsme. :<

Dick

You have to have a special device driver and/or program that reassigns the little buttons that comes with the motherboard. If you look at the back of the keyboard it may have a manufacturer on it. Try looking for a website that matches the manufacturer in a search engine. If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back