Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ELU33 and ELU34 on BC10, BC11, BC12 ? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdman1

Technical User
May 30, 2005
SE
Hi on wich BC is the two boards ELU33,34 supported?

TSW (=BC13) and TSE (telephony server)

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

ok have a ELU34 that i want in operation then i need to upgrade to TSW to get it working as it dont work on lower version can i place card in LBP20 mag think i have read about changing front of card am i on the right path here? which card pos is ok?

yes, correct. any 32ts slot will do. there is a specific front for older magazines (like LBP20)

Hi,

Is it possible to mix ELU29 and ELU34 in the same LBP20 magazine ?
ELU29 needs ring generator(RG5DC)and ringing voltage comes from backplane. ELU34 has its own ring generator, is there any colision in the backplane?

regards,

The Curious

that should be no problem, the ring voltage is generated locally on the board and is not transmitted to the backplane.

/Daddy

Ok so to be shure i have got things right i skip the licence issue here just talking about system parts if i have an system of older rel like BC10, BC11, BC12 is it then possible to put the so called TSW software on an HDU board or do i need more MX-ONE parts just an curios question of an hobbyist! i understand there are licence question to but as i wrote if i skip that question can an ordinary older sys run the TSW is it an INL with an new name or what?

the same procedure applies for TSW (=BC13) as for the older versions. The hardware you have in BC10, will run under TSW. if you want to use the newer features (like local backup), you need to upgrade LPU/DSU boards to the latest revision. this also means you can startup the system from INL, but you still need to buy a license (like in the other versions).

that sounds great is it a firmware upgrade change of eprom of the LPU5 and DSU ? if whats the versions of firmware needed?

yes firmware. don't remember what the latest rev is. will look it up for you.

/Daddy

As i remember, DSU PROM revision (Not to be confused with card revision) should be R8A, and LPU5 P23 and P24 proms should be upgraded to R9A in order to have local back up function.

ok then i now what to check is there any issue regarding card revision to watch out for? some level of HW that is to old and not upgradable with firm change i guess a complete check of all card is recommended to avoid any problems can i use NIU and HDU7 SCSI disk or do i need NIU2

that shouldn't be an issue, old HW is still supported. you should really contact your local E/// provider to get the FW status for all boards. NIU works just fine under TSW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back