Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ELU 28/2 AND ELU28/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogameu

Technical User
Mar 18, 2006
GB
Is any one found out a solution for ELU28/2 when used for DBC 400 rang of hand set?

For those don’t know....

When DBC 4XXX (e.g. DBC 4225) hand set used on ELU 28/2 card, you could programme all fcn but when DNA used you couldn’t see the change made.

I have been told that a D4 firmware not support by ELU28/2 card. Surly Ericsson not expecting all cards with ELU 28/2 to be change to ELU28/3.

Anyone?

4000 series works on ELU28/1 and ELU28/2 but only in D3 mode. for D4 mode you NEED ELU28/3. so yes E/// expects your ELU28 to be /3, your local service provider normally upgrades your cards when going to BC12... .

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Hi
Dady have right
Upgrade the ELU 28 is by changing an PROM on the board. the version of this PROM is R6x where x is A or C sorry but I'm not sure which one ( letter ) is correct

I have many ELU 25, ELU 28/3 and two board ELU 28/2; BC 12.1 SP5 and DNA 5.2SP2
And no problem with administration of DBC 4000 using DNA

My by it is a problem with EMG and MDS
I find this problem and send FR to my local Damovo but still (DNA 5.2SP4) not solved.
Problem:
New Extension (ELU) board is initialized in system. ( It can be analog, digital or IT board)
Board is free. No extension initiated on this board.
To add this board to EMG MSD running is needed. If "synchronization board" is started from MSD menu, board is added to free Equipment list but fields in column ROF and Revision are empty.
End it is a problem. IF this fields ROF and REV are empty EMG is interpreting this EQU as an old system and only D3 mode is available.

----------------------------------
If anything can go wrong, it will.

(Murphy's Law)

Mx-176152 MDS Cannot synch passive boards

Fixed DNA 5.3

rfpui, you can fix this by setting the rof/revision in the board with the CNBRI; command?

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Hi Daddy
After upgrading board I always use CNBRI command.
Without correct ROF and REV DNA (EMG) work not correctly

And to ceejay
Is DNA 5.3 available now?

----------------------------------
If anything can go wrong, it will.

(Murphy's Law)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back