Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Eltron printer pauses every label print

Status
Not open for further replies.

remulus

Programmer
Aug 17, 2004
US
Hello everyone -

I got this problem with my label printing, I hope somebody here could help me. I'm using an Eltron LP2844 to print a USPS label with 2 UCC/EAN barcodes in it. I used VB/Crystal reports to layout the label and print. It prints perfectly and fast - but the problem is it pauses on every page. I've tried tweaking the printer settings but to no avail.
I thought it was Crystal Reports causing the pause so I tried recreating the report using VB only (printform) but it still pauses after every page - it makes me nuts! What should I do? Is it a simple setting in the printer? Id really appreciate anyone's help, thank you.

Are you using EPL Code to print or are you creating a image?
The printer prefers EPL "Eltron Printer Language".
Notice does it take a while for the first label to come out?

DougP, MCP, A+

alot depends on the particular driver you are using. There is a setting that causes a pause between each label, this will be your problem. The size of the graphic image you send should not be causing this problem with a parallel port printer. Try to find the Nice Label device driver for your printer. Also in vb you can use printer.properties to iterate the properties and see if you can't tune it up a bit.

Open printer settings

Mediasettings
Media tracking must be continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back