Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ELLipse versus SAP R/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubuser

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2004
US
Hi All,
Does anyone have any views on the merits of Ellipse versus SAP R/3 or SAP IS-U; specifically in relation to asset and works management? I know this is a very general question so apologies but even a pointer to a site with such info would be greatly appreciated. I've searched the web but could find little info comparing the two systems.
Thanks,
dubuser

You are right in that the question is very general, but fundamentally Ellipse is good for environments where maintenance and availability of equipment is your main challenge (mining, transport, defense, utilities, oil and gas), whereas SAP works better in manufacturing/finance intensive environments.

On a lark, I went to this page and did a little research. if you're really keen to read it do this:

Go here:

Enter the web address above into the "Translate Web Page" field, select Russian to English and go.

It presented me a page in English - don't know how good a translation it is though :)

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back