Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ellipse in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

moekti

MIS
Jul 17, 2001
ID
Hi,
I’m curious to know about the windows configuration for Ellipse installation. For anyone that already uses it, please share your experiences... I'm very interested to hear from you.

rgds,
MoE

Sorry to reply to a question with a question, but what information are you interested in (i.e. infrastructure, OS setup, DB setup, etc.)?

Hi AddOnsMR,
I want to know about the hardware configuration and its performance.

thanks,
MoE

Moekti,

I am running windows 2000 on all of my ellipse components, and I am also using MS SQL 2000 as the back end. We are using citrix for the client deployment. Our overall experience has been good.

Is there any specific questions or concerns that you have?

Maddman,
Thanks for your reply.
Currently we use the old version of mims that's installed in the unix box and using Oracle database.
We want to upgrade it to the latest MIMS version,in the cheaper platform (windows).
I'm very interested to know more detail about yours:
[ul]
[li]what's your Ellipse version[/li]
[li]how many user at your site[/li]
[li]how large your database[/li]
[/ul]

We are using Ellipse version 5.2.1. We have about 50 concurruant users, and after using Ellipse for almost 3 years, our database is less than 3GB using MS SQL 2000.

I hope that this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back