Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EliteIPK2 digital lines not ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf8963

MIS
Jul 17, 2010
US
Hello,

I have a problem where recently all of the digital phones on our ipkII system have stopped ringing.

When dialing station to station, the dialed phone automatically answers and goes to speaker phone. I have tried pressing the answer key but same groceries.

This could be tied to day/night mode (a complete guess). Our needs are very simple and we aloways operate either in day mode or in night mode, I cant remember which. It is possible that somehow it has been switched to the other.

How can I tell which mode we are in? Does anyone have any other ideas as to what the problem may be?

thx for your help!!!

You can tell if the system is in night mode by looking in the upper right hand corner of the phones display. The default text says night but an installer can change this. Do you know anything about programming?

Hi Razbuller,

Thanks for responding.

Ive done a little programming on this system - I'm used to siemens and nortel PBXs with command line interfaces rather than programming through a phone, but I can muddle through.

Does the nightmode msg show on all digital display phones or just on Port1?

thx

Sounds like the system wide programming was changed somehow from ringing to Voice-announce. After dialing a station # press the 1 key and the phone should start ringing as a test.

Ron

From the phones that announce first (intercom). Go to that phone and get dial tone and dial 60 default access code for the feature Voice Call/Ringing Tone Programming. after you dial 60, you will hear studder dial tone. press 1 to toggle between voice first (intercom) or ring first. Hang up to save it. Then go to the next problematic phone.
If 60 is not the access code to allow this. Look under program 200 and look for A163 setting data and the access code assigned to that should show up next to it.

Phillip E. Porter
Senior Systems Engineer
Telecommunication Solutions Group, Inc. (TSG)

Oh heck. never mind wrong system for the IPKII, perform feature code 712 from the faulty phone and see what happens. everything else is the same as above except for this acually progamming is using command 11-12-06 to change this system wide. Sorry about the confusion before.

Phillip E. Porter
Senior Systems Engineer
Telecommunication Solutions Group, Inc. (TSG)

721 for voice call, 723 for ringing.... by default. Sometimes people will forget to dial 9 for outgoing, and dialing a 723 prefix will put the phone in ring instead of voice-announce.

Thanks Guys,

I'll print out these suggestions and give them a try and
let you know what happens!

k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back