Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Eliminating Win95 Setup's check for a "previosly installed version" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

royboy

Technical User
Jun 24, 2000
US
I've got caught having to reinstall Windows 95 from my &quot;upgrade disk&quot; but I have lost my original Windows 3.1 Setup Disk. Any &quot;workarounds?&quot; What files does Setup look for?<br>I have tried the undocumented Setup Switch, &quot;Setup/NTLDR&quot; but that doesn't work. Help!

Well, thanks but that Microsoft Article didn't address the problem at all. Actually, I found the solution from another source on the net. <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;All you have to do to keep Setup from demanding the presence of a

I've had to do the exact same thing.....all you do is create a file in the root directory called win386.exe.<br>You can put whatever you want in the file just so long as you have the file in the root directory. This is the file that the upgrade disk looks for. With this you can do it.<br><br><br>Hope it helps and let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back