Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Eliminating Light Stripes Phaser 860

Status
Not open for further replies.

jthomas79

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2003
US
I have a Phaser 860 that is haaving a light stripe problem. It is on lines 99 and 97. When I do the eliminate light stripes process the print out after show both lines 99 and 97 are there but they are lighter in color than the other lines.

Any ideas on what the problems is or fixes for the problem? I have run the eliminate light stripes process 3 times and turned the printer off for 24 hours.

Thanks,

Jon Thomas

Check the post just on top of this one. It's similar.

I, too, am having a problem as well with a Xerox 860DX printer. I have run the Light Stripes as well and turned off the printer for 24 hours. I called Xerox Support and the tech said it sounds like one of the jets on the printhead is clogged. Each jet is only three microns wide. The tech said it would cost $1500 to replace the head! He also said that the 8400 model is the newer version of the 860DX and costs $900 for a non networked printer and $1300 for a network printer! This printer is only 2 years old. This doesn't speak well for Xerox printers, does it? :-(

Creg,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune as well. I will tell you what I have learned from talking to a guy who serviced these printers for 5 years. In my case when I do the Eliminate light stripes the lines are there but they are a lighter shade than the other lines. So he told me to make a document that has 100% cyan in just the place where my printer is printing light. Then print off like 200 copies. I did this and everytime I would run a batch od 200 the line would get darker and darker until now unless you are looking for it you cannot see where the light stripe was.

Let me know how things work out.

Jon Thomas

jthomas thank you very much your suggestion worked great. I also tried the method from JOS on thread723-602419 along with your idea. I can't believe Xerox suggested we buy a $1500 printhead for a $900 printer, but that is customer service for you. I am glad you guys are here, you saved my neck!

There are full black, cyan, magenta and yellow pages build-in. They can be found in the hidden service menu!

If you run the white stripes test upto 10 times can have the same correction has printing 10 copies of one colour. The heads do get clogged and also get other colours on them (eg yellow becomes orange). Doing the white stripes test is the best way to clean all heads in one go, you just need to keep going until everything is right again.
(Note: can go through a lot of wax blocks though) If you are not getting anywhere after 10 runs heads most likely need replacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back