Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

eliminating data based on certain criteria 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsouth4

Programmer
May 2, 2007
US
I am trying to create a report that excludes certain data based on the value of another field. Basically this is what I need to do. The report is for company wide surveys and is sent to upper level managers. For instance I want to send the Adminstrators all employees survey results with the exception of a few answers of those employees directly below them. I don't want the supervisors to see the ratings given by their employees directly below them regarding their supervisors performance. I know I will have to change this formula based on who the supervisor is however I have hit a snag with having these fields return a nul value. I know this formula is not correct and probably way off however i'm in need of some help. I'm using CR10 and Access is my database for this report. Please see a this sample formula

If{TBL_Team_Departments.Reports_to}="Joe Zaczyk" then {TBL_MASTER_Team_Survey_Data.Q1_Supervisor_S}and{TBL_MASTER_Team_Survey_Data.Q1_Supervisor_C}=nul

why not suppress those results where{TBL_Team_Departments.Reports_to}="Joe Zaczyk"

Sorry I should be more clear. I still these fields {TBL_MASTER_Team_Survey_Data.Q1_Supervisor_S},{TBL_MASTER_Team_Survey_Data.Q1_Supervisor_C} to show up for all other employees with the exception of which TBL_Team_Departments.Reports_to}="Joe Zaczyk". I want these to show no value

Select each of the two fields you want conditionally suppressed and then right click->format field->common tab->suppress->x+2 and enter:

{TBL_Team_Departments.Reports_to}="Joe Zaczyk"

-LB

WHy not just eliminate them from the report so that thy're not used in summaries, etc?:

Report->Selection FOrmula->Record

{TBL_Team_Departments.Reports_to} <> "Joe Zaczyk"

Now they never make it into the recordset, it's much cleaner and faster.

-k

Thanks LB that worked perfect!!! K- the reason I didn't exclude them altogether from the report is that I want him to see all replies with the exception of those employees directly underneath Joe. Thanks again.

-Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back