Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Eliminate Session Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

chare

Technical User
Aug 31, 2000
US
When doing a restore you need to enter a session password. Could someone direct me where to go to eliminate this feature. Thanks a bunch!

Just don't use a session password in your backup job and you won't have to when you restore.

I am asked for a userid/password for the "device" when I start the restore but it gives me an error 3073 regardless of the userid/password I use. I assume this is the password to the device I am trying to write to (a shared drive off a 2000 machine - just needed the drive space). I have attached and mapped to the drive and it STILL asks for the userid/password once I start the restore. Is there anyway to get it to just use the drive mapped as is without having to login again, or 2) is there a way to furthere troubleshoot the reason why my userid/password fails?

I get the same error message, the 3703 unable to logon. I can still back up and restore, though they are both tricky and have days when they do not want to work. I have entered and re-entered the session password and restore password, but when i check the logs, this error always happens. Any feedback would be much appriciated.
-mikeyc

Im getting a request for a password for SUPERVISOR as the login ID to do a number of jobs It is really annoying as I am the SUPERVISOR!!! (well for all intensive purposes I am) no one else in the MIS department has any clues to what the password might be and although not vital in all cases, more often than not it severely inhibits the efficiency of the lab. Not to mention frustrATEs the HELL out of me. It wont take any other administrative logins or passwords of anykind

PLEASE HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back