Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Eliminate "Delete Table" custom dialog...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isadore

Technical User
Feb 3, 2002
US
Within the Access Options dialog box you can eliminate many of the custom warning dialog boxes...but I cannot seem to figure out how to get rid of the "Table Delete" custom dialog when I am running queries which re-create a particular table every time the query is executed. Not a big problem but the user may find this a bit strange when everything else is running so quietly.

No problem if you launch the query from an event.
Just add the DoCmd.Setwarnings before and after the query you launch like this:

DoCmd.SetWarnings False
DoCmd.OpenQuery "xxxxxxxxxxx"
DoCmd.SetWarnings True

hth

In fact if you are launching the query from a macro you can include SetWarnings statements at the start and end of the macro to turn the warnings off and then back on again.

Event is better though...

riny. owe ya a cheesburger. thanks. have a great weekend - hope i too can be of help to you down the road.

riny. quick question. I get an "Argument not Optional..." dialog that prevents me from compiling the code when I use the SetWarnings optional...any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back