Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Element undefined in Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatsrulz

MIS
Sep 2, 2004
I get the error Element POLANDRN is undefined in APPLICATION.

16 : </cfif>--->
17 : <cfsetting enablecfoutputonly="yes">
18 : <Cfset ThisArea = Application.PolandRN>
19 : <Cfparam name="Action" default="NEW">
20 : <Cfoutput>

However in the application.cfm file I have Application.PolandRN = "POLISHFORUM";

Please advice.

Maybe the application timed out, what is the application timeout set to? Does it happen sporadically or all the time?

All the time. I have other variables defined in there but those variable are getting defined so I doubt it is a cfadmin issue.

Are all other vars that get defined without an issue APPLICATION vars?

Are you clearing/deleting the Application.PolandRN var at any point?

Is the spelling correct? Usually a small typo can cause that (that happens more often then one realizes)

Just out of curiousity is this APPLICATION.cfm the root directory application.cfm or a sub-folder application.cfm? Is the file calling the Application.PolandRN var in a sub-folder that has its own APPLICATION.cfm?

The application.cfm is in the root folder.

All the other vars that get defined are application vars eg: Application.ITALIANRN = "ITALIANFORUM";

I doublechecked the spelling multipletimes and finally did a cut paste to make sure.

Am not clearing the Application.PolandRN variable.

Well that is perplexing. If all other vars appear fine, then it can't be a cfadmin issue.

What I do in cases like this is:
1. clear all vars (session and application)
2. restart the CF server (if you can)
3. delete the Application.ITALIANRN var from the application.cfm and reenter it.

I know there are other ways to debug this, but if you don't want to spend more time on this, and if you can restart CF, I'd go that route.

Thanks. I will try clearing the variables. Unfortunately I have no control over the server since it is hosted elsewhere. :-(

Thats OK. Try clearing the cache and re-entering the Application.PolandRN var. Most of the times that fixes it right away.

I know this is going to make me sound stupid.... but how do I clear the cache?

create file and enter this in it:

<cfset clrSessionVar = StructClear(SESSION)>
<cfset clrSessionVar = StructClear(APPLICATION)>

Then call this file from the browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back