Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Element Manager Problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikescience

Vendor
May 2, 2002
US
I'm running Element Manager on Windows XP. I had several customers I access. The problem is sometimes all BCM400 systems come back with "Could not determine device type" even though I can access the web page (documentation page.
It's not a VPN port or firewall blocking issue.

I've heard of issues with java 1.6. Has anyone else have issues with their Element Manager not the END BCM System they are connecting to?

Thanks,
Mikescience

Ive had to install a newer version of element manager to over come a trouble like that. Try downloading it from a system that is giving you trouble.

try winding back to java 1.4.2, and make sure you have ie 6, had loads of problems with this.

The latest Business Element Manager can be downloaded from nortel.com. It should solve these problems.

java 1.6 is the probably the problem - i know it dont work on 3.7, and i have heard of problems on 4.0 - when i had problems on a 3.7 i installed java 1.4 and i had no problems

Milk Science,
Let us know what software versions you have a problem with.
If it is 3.6 or 3.7 there is a patch to allow Java 1.6.
If it is a version 4 you have a problem then I have two sites with BCM200 where I could go to Telephony but I don't see some details like telephony resources or even the sets.
The only solution I have on mind is to patch the system to the latest System patches.Rebooting doesn't help.
Since patches are already available I recommend upload to all techs having 3.6 or 3.7 systems.Be aware that Java patch is dependent on System patch.

Well, one of my BCM 200 version 4.0 still gives me problem accessing some telephony folders like telephony resource and even the sets even after uploading the latest R400.system.006 patch.Does anybody had an opinion to fix the problem?I could see the voip lines where the keycode was newly added but not the active lines.

Hi Guys,

I've been unable to connect to BCM version 3.7 with Java version 1.6. If you downgrade you Java version it should be fine.

rkingy78,
You might try in the future loading Patch BCM370.237UM3.39.003. I have a client that the computer IT upgraded their computers and suddenly the Phone system administrator cannot see the Telephony resources anymore because java was upgraded to 1.6.So, I was forced to upload the patch.

ISSUE: Unable to connect to a BCM 4.0 using the correct version of Element Manager
RELEASE: BCM 4.0
CR: Q01540071
SYMPTOMS: When trying to access a BCM 4.0 via Element Manager you are not able to connect. You will receive
"unable to determine device type for IP x.x.x.x"
WORKAROUND: None
RECOMMENDATION: Please contact Nortel Technical Support (NETS) organization and open a case if you believe you
have a system with any of the symptoms above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back