Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Element manager BCM 450

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljclives

Vendor
May 22, 2004
US
I have a BCM 450 on customer network and I did have element manager installed on a PC it is no longer there. I hit the IP address in IE but it did not allow me to install. Java issue? We installed the latest version of Java still could not install it. any suggestions?

Probably the best option for me is to use the other LAN port with my laptop?

Could be Java issue and you might run into a Browser issue too
See 2 options here in the FAQ's to fix java and one for browsers to use IE:

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

You will need to follow the attached guide below to solve the Java problem. Also use this link to install the latest and last version of Avaya Element Manager.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Last Java release that I have found to work is 1.8.66. Also if the EM installation is failing that is usually caused by a previous installation of EM. Will need to verify that it is uninstall via Programs/Features tab in your Control Panel settings and then remove the .bcm directory that you will see under the USER>UserName that was used to install the initial EM. hope this helps.

Thought I would share something I just came across.. My Firefox upgraded itself to version 52 and I could no longer connect to the bcm.sipsw webpage. I deleted Firefox, re downloaded version 51, and the page came back up fine. Went and disabled updates on FireFox for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back