Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Electronic Invoices

Status
Not open for further replies.

digriz60

Programmer
Aug 15, 2002
US
We are using MAS90 3.2 (yes, ancient 3.2). My company now wants to start sending Invoices in electronic format via Email or FTP. The only option when exporting Invoices from AR History (or Sales Order) is ASCII File Report format.

Well, the file LOOKS ok, but since it's ASCII, there are no page breaks, and this may be problematic when the customer receives several in one file, which is often the case. The Invoices seem no not export on a 1 invoice to 1 page format like it prints to a regular printer. Does anyone have a solution to this? I'm desperately working with Access and Crystal to make external reports, but I'm having a difficult time with the ODBC driver running a query.

Has anybody successfully set up electronic invoicing from this old version, and if so, can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Steve

Have a look at They have a product called Reform that is very good, I have used it with Macola but not with Mas90. I am very sure it will work however. It emails invoices, or faxes invoices, or prints them on plain paper.

Let me know if you have any questions. Software Sales, Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

I'm working with MAS200 right now, in order to send electronic invoices download the PDF Emailer from and follow instruction. This will enable you to send invoices as well as reports...let me know how it went.

Thank you both for your incredibly quick responses. I will pursue both those solutions and feedback with my results.

Yes, the PDF mailer does a great job...my only problem now is the text is still not lining up properly. Therefore, when I print it to the PDF, each successive page is offset a few more lines. Someone here told me using the DOS window to print instead of the Windows based screen rectifies this, but I've used both to no avail. Any printer setup hints?

Thanks for this and the previous answers.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back