Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Electra Elite 192 Config? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

messagelink

Vendor
Apr 6, 2006
US
Looked at the control unit toady. It is an Electra Elite 192. They have two cabinets with what looks like an expansion cable from one to the other.

Only worked on the smaller Electra Pros. so far. Same sets.

Can you tell me the max capacity of this system. RIght now they have about 40 sets and 12 lines.

They have what look like a voice mail card in the rack with a hard drive mounted on it. Does thir voice mail have auto attendant features?

One more question. Can you point me to installer and admin. docs. for this system or is it programmed like the Electra Pro. right from the display set on sta-10 or 11?

Thanks!

The NEC Elite 192 can handle 120 telephones and 64 incoming lines. There are software updates that give you more, but that is standard. The programming is the same as it was in the Electro Pro with just some more memory blocks. You can find most of the manuals on ebay, but they are not available for download unless you are an NEC Associate/VAR.

One more thing, the voicemail they have is most likely NOT an NEC voicemail. It is probably a 3rd party VM connected through on a SLI Card. Check with the VM Manufacturer.

Is the AA a standard feature and is it easy to program? Can it also be programmed via the Station set?

TIs the AA a standard feature and is it easy to program? The AA is not a standard feature on the Elite 192, your voicemail must act as the AA.
Can it also be programmed via the Station set? Should be able to but it is dependent upon the voicemail which is not NEC. Good luck.

OP:

If your system is an elite 192, and inside the case there's a card with a harddrive on it, most likely it's a voicemail card. Just to confirm, on the back, lower bottom front corner of the card, it should say something like VMS(X), where the X stands for 2/4/8 ports. If it's a VMS, it's an active voice product, made for NEC.

The AA feature is a part of the voice mail, and you can program the voicemail system via Cosession Remote client, with a null serial cable connection to the DB9 plug on the front of that voicemail card.

Programming the voicemail can be done via stationset, if you know the manager's mail box number. If you use Cosession, you still would need the manager's password on the VM to work.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info. This is a new client and I usually work on Partner systems however I have worked on the Pro II before just never any VM or AA or these Pro Systesm.

Is there any install and programming manuals you can point me to for the 192 and the VM system?

Yes, the card does have a DH mounted on it. I will not have acess to the system again until about 2 weeks. I wanted to study up on it before meeting with this client again.

Is this system as easy to program as Partner or Norstar?

Also, they want to add CID is that possible with the 192 and their display sets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back